Simple Statistics Calculator
This page allows you to easily add up a series of either positive or negative amounts or quantities. Each amount is recorded in a list, allowing you to easily see and edit any errors at any point.
This calculator is similar to the Accountant's Calculator, but automatically calculates basic statistical data: the Total plus simple statistics, and allows input of CSV data, or Tab, space or [return] seperated lists of numbers.
Click on any of the links at the top of the page to reveal (or hide) more information about this calculator.
If you think that you can assist with this project in any way, then please visit the Support section and leave a message.
- The arithmetical average of all of the numbers in the list, calculated by summing (adding) all of the items in the list, and dividing by the number of items in the list. This is the most commonly used of 'the three averages'.
- If the list is ordered by size, the Median will be the value in the list that appears halfway along. If the list has an even number of items, the Median will be the average of the two numbers in the middle of the (sorted) list. The median is generally affected more by the number of large and small numbers, than by the size of those numbers.
- The number that appears most often in the list. May have several values, and will be the entire list if every value is unique. The mode of a data set will often differ dramatically from the other two averages.
- CSV - "Comma Seperated Values"
- Format commonly used for lists of numbers, where the comma shows where one number ends and the next one begins.
No relevant Formulae to list.
- Enter each quantity into the text-box labelled 'Amount:', either one at a time, or as a list
- Press the 'Get Statistics' button
- Click the spanner icon next to any entry to Alter or Remove that value
- Press the 'Clear Results' button if you wish to discard the current results list, otherwise further amounts will be added to the same total.
© Copyright Mike Brockington 2004 - 2015 All Rights Reserved